"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Recipe: "Healthy" Cookie dough

I don't think there is such a thing as healthy cookie dough.  Right?


I came across this recipe in a magazine and happened to have everything on hand, so I thought I would give it a try.  I have been craving sweets so much and we are trying to eat healthy, so I'm kind of going crazy.  (We traded keeping our homemade eggless cookie dough in the freezer to snack on grab every time I walk by the freezer for homemade energy bites--which practically taste like no bake cookies and are quite amazing!!)

So when I saw this I was excited.  And baking in the kitchen has become a very regular activity around here just because it is so fun to do with toddlers.


At the time I had the idea to make this, I couldn't remember where I had seen the recipe so I just googled it.
This is the recipe I used. 

Ingredients: (the way I made it.  To see original recipe, click link)



  • 1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
  •  1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
  • tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • Sweetener-there were a couple options. I used regular sugar and eye balled it in...probably about 3 tbsp 
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips
  • 2 to 3 tbsp oats (I used ground flaxseed)

  • And if you can find a cute little assistant, that helps too!! :)
    sampling the chick peas
    Directions:
     
    Mix in food processor then stir in chocolate chips.  Super easy!!  We tried it fresh with apple slices.  I was not impressed.  Actually quite disappointed!
     
    BUT, later we tried it after it had been in the fridge with some wafer cookies and teddy grahams and it had improved a lot!  And I had it a couple days later and it was even better!
     
    Thought I'd still pass it along because it was fun! And it really isn't too bad for the kids and they think they are hitting the jackpot with this for a snack!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment