"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Monday, November 10, 2014

Recipe: Homemade Wipes {update}

I posted this recipe for homemade baby wipes in September.  Has anyone made them? 

I have! And I love them! I have improvements and wanted to update to let you know what I thought of them after using them.

I made my first batch in the middle of September.    And I just made made my fourth roll today. 

Updates and thoughts:

Cost--I bought a 6 pack of Viva paper towels for $5.  I already have coconut oil and baby wash on hand. In about two months I have used three paper towel rolls--equal to $2.50, so I think it is proving to be cheap!

Size--In the original post I cut I to thirds because I wanted them to fit into the case. However, they were just too skinny. So, the next time I made them I cut in half and I have been so happy with them that way.  I had to smoosh it down into the wipes case, but it fits.  

With only cutting in half they are SO much better.  More like a 'real' wipe you would purchase at a store.


Storage--I have used Huggies and Pampers wipes cases and both work great.  I do prefer the huggies because it has the little seal over the opening to just have one wipe come up at a time.  When cutting in half, you really do have to smoosh it down a lot, but it has worked just fine. Once the lid is shut you don't even notice.  And they still wipe up a dirty bottom just fine.

After soaking and prepping the towel--you can see it is higher than the top of the container:
  

And this is after smooshing it down:
 


Conclusion--I am planning to continue making these.  We are happy with them and they are so easy to whip up really quick if we run out of wipes.  No need to run to the store to purchase them.
They also fold up well for the travel cases.
I have three in diapers and also a preschooler who likes to use the wipes to "clean" the house, so these are a great option for us!

If you give them a try, let me know how you like them! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment