"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Friday, January 23, 2015

My Mommy Minute: December 16

{this entire post has been sitting in draft.  I was hoping to add more links and then well....Christmas came and went.  but I wasn't just going to delete! There are some great reads. Read Rachel's post if it's the only one you read, because it's a great read for any time of year.}

Hi friend,
Oh boy, this is a busy time of year! We've had birthday celebrations, suffered hardships, welcomed visitors, hosted parties, attended events, shopped, crafted, decorated, and are plugging our way through advent. All while my husband is working a lot of overtime, so that means mama works over time too:)  I haven't posted a MMM in a while because I had one drafted but I guess it was never saved and I lost the links:(   As was reading posts recently they were all about Christmas and the chaotic time it can be.  So this post is all links related to the holiday season.

It's easy to lose sight of the cross and too easy to look inward and forget that this season, or any other season, for that matter, isn't about us.  God is so good.  All the time.  He is the divine creator and sustainer of all things and He is so merciful, isn't He? So, so kind to such an undeserving person like me.  I take so much for granted and I am thankful He is causing me to slow down at times and see that. Even Christmas is something taken for granted.  Something we know so well and we fail to see the wonder.  It doesn't lose it's wonder--we just fail to see it. This is the season we get to celebrate our Savior's birth! There could be no Good Friday or Easter Sunday without first having Christmas.  Just pondering in our hearts the miracle of Christmas and the majesty of the Jesus should produce joy, praise, and worship! 

I pray you are encouraged this Christmas season. Encouraged that our Redeemer has come and taken on flesh for us.  He has humbled Himself so low and was born in "the hay" as my three year old says. He was born in flesh.  Yet sinless.  Sinless for us, because we could not do that.  But God, in His mercy and goodness bridges the gap of our sin that separates us from Him by sending Jesus.  Baby Jesus. Born in a manger.  For me and for you.  I pray you would know the redeeming love of Jesus Christ this Christmas. 


 
Joy to the Whirled by Rachel Jankovic at Femina

What to Expect and Christmas by Nicole Whitacre at GirlTalk

Dear Lydia and Asa by Amanda at Oh Amanda
 
10 Ways We Can Remember to be Christians this Christmas by Kevin DeYoung at Gospel Coalition

No comments:

Post a Comment