I have seen this recipe in the past was always skeptical of it so I never made it. Now I don't think I will ever go back to the oven recipe! This slow cooker recipe is so easy and just as tasty!! I used a combination of a couple recipes and tweaked it as I wanted.
Italian seasonings of your choice
32 oz spaghetti sauce
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
olive oil (optional)
bread crumbs (optional)
1. This is an optional step--coat chicken breast with bread crumbs and heat oil in pan. Pan fry both sides of chicken. (some recipes do not call for this step. Others call for coating but not the pan frying. Do what is easiest and most pleasing to your taste buds)
2. spray slow cooker and add onion on bottom, then pour in spaghetti sauce.
3. Press chicken into spaghetti sauce and top with seasonings and parmesan cheese (shredded or grated)
4. Cook on low 4-6 hours
5. Once chicken is cooked, top with mozzarella cheese and place slow cooker lid back on. Let cheese melt.
6. Cook noodles of your choice while cheese is melting
Serve chicken over noodles with sauce and enjoy. This was a hit for the whole family!!