"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Thursday, March 28, 2013

She is Growing!

We received updated measurements again! And new photos! Those are the BEST emails to open! But soon we will be holding our sweet little girl in our arms and see her face to face.

On March 19, 2013, which would be when Elliana was five months old, she weighed 13.2lbs and was 22.4 inches long.

She grew a lot during the last month! And we will get to be with her when she turns six months old. Exciting!

I can't wait until after April 9 so I can put her beautiful face on here for you to see!! But for now....

She is already a little sun devil fan! Daddy's little girl!


In other news, we made a little run to Walmart for some needed supplies. Looking over the packing list, the only thing left to get is 100% deet, which we could not find at the store. We'll try an outdoor store instead. I have the suitcase out and am starting to put things in it. I didn't want to do it too early so it just sat there taunting me, but now that I have thins to put in it, and we only have ONE WEEK to go, I figured it was finally time:)

We got lots of sanitizer, flushable wipes, pepto bismo, deet for our bodies, sleep aid, Tylenol, lots of batteries for my handy dandy medela, and an awesome new sleep mask! I still need to go see if I have earplugs in my bag from my shooting range days. Ashley is letting us borrow her adapter so we can keep our cameras charged!! :)



This is my carry on that will contain all my belongings for the week! We can take two 50lb checked bags each, which we will be taking. Three of the bags are perfectly measured to 50lbs and are filled with supplies for making jewelry as well as clothes for the women of the hope house in Ethiopia. (More to come on that in a future post!) The fourth suitcase that will be checked will be filled with the blankies we are taking (more to come on that I a future post!) as well as medical supplies that we will take to the Transition Home.
We are allowed one 15lb carry on with us, so that will be what each of us take our personal things in. One thing we will take is a bar of soap to do our own "laundry" while we are there:)

Thank you for your prayers. One of the families I had asked for prayer to be submitted to embassy WAS submitted today! They had court on Dec 26, so they just passed the three month mark of waiting. Their little girl shares a room with Elliana so we will get to meet her.

Please pray for our preparations to come together and that nothing would be overlooked. It seems we have everything in order, but I'm sure I will forget something! So hopefully it isn't anything important:)
Also we would ask you to pray that the judge would rule in our favor and that the MOWA letter would be ready when we are in country so everything can go forward with the process.

We give God all the glory and praise for all He has done and is doing through this process. I know those of you that have adopted can relate when I say we have been changed through this process so much and it isn't even over yet. We understand our adoption by God our Father so much more than we could have ever tried to imagine before this. It is simply unexplainable. So thankful to Him that He didn't leave us as orphans and has redeemed us. And so humbled He gives us the opportunity to live out the gospel at it's core on a horizontal level here on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment