"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Friday, March 29, 2013

Today's Purchase

Friday is grocery shopping day around here, so I picked up some more items for the trip! It was recommended to me to bring Starbucks VIA, the instant coffee. Now, I thought we were going to a place so well known for their fabulous coffee, but I will take the word of the parents that have gone before us and take the VIA. It was on sale and I had a coupon, so I figured it was a good time to try it. Otherwise, I may have just passed it up. But then I think of how I'm going to need my coffee and am very glad I have it. But I promise, first I will try to soak up the culture by drinking Ethiopian coffee before breaking open the Starbucks;)

Also bought lots of protein bars, which were recommended if we want to snack between meals. Since both us love to snack and both of us are always hungry, I got plenty! I wonder what snacks they have available when we are there? I know there won't be a Taco Bell on the corner, but maybe a gas station with some pretzels? I have no idea!

The most exciting item is the Johnson's baby lotion :) Shea and cocoa butter is what a fellow adoptive mama who just brought her son home said that she loves to use on him. I am so beyond emotions to have this lotion. It represents the touching I will get to do with my baby girl. Baby massage is such a good form of bonding because it promotes such interaction and eye contact. I cannot wait to lather her up and kiss her ten little toes, give her zerberts on her belly, and tickle her neck.

This morning when I woke up at 7:30am, my first thought was that next Friday when the clock reads 7:30am, Lord willing, we will be landing on African soil and are just minutes (ok, probably hours since we have to get luggage, visas, find our director, and drive to the transition home) until we will see our sweet Elliana!!

No comments:

Post a Comment