"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Elliana's Song

I've been singing a song over and over out loud and in my head.  all. the. time.
The song has had a very special meaning since December 28, when we knew we were going to have our little girl.  And as I am singing along, I thought I should share it with you! I may be a little biased, but I think it's a great song to have stuck in your head.

A little background on how we chose the name Elliana:
I had heard the name Elliana from a friend of my sister's little girl and loved it and had planned it to be our second girl's name. (Side note--really funny thing is that her Eliana also has a sister named Raelyn! But that one we came up with on our own! And they both spell them differently than us;)
At the time I heard it, we had already started the adoption process and I had recently found out I was pregnant. We didn't know the gender of either baby that was on the way, so we just decided that the next girl that was to come into our family would be named Elliana.  We found out I was carrying a baby boy and so the name Elliana remained on the shelf for a future daughter.  We did not make a specific request of gender for our third child, but I have to say, something in me way down deep may have hoped just a wee little bit that it would be a girl so we could name her Elliana:)  Three reasons:

1. It sounds beautiful and is a unique name, which we like:)

2. It means "God has answered my prayer" which I think fits perfectly into our adoption story:)

3. Have you heard this song? It is by a group that I love (had one of their songs sung at our wedding!) and now their song is pretty much perfect for our baby girl.

So have a listen or just read the lyrics:

Elliana's Song
By: Watermark

Listen Here

Baby woman, tiny in stature now
But your heart is a treasure
Little princess come follow behind me now
I am reaching for you

(chorus)
Elliana, God has answered my prayers
Elliana, God will conquer my fears
To mother a daughter, to look you in the eye
To know that I had everything, to walk with you in life
To give you to Jesus that He would impart
The wisdom that I'm longing for to mother your heart
Elliana, God has answered my prayers

There will be others to lead and to guide you girl
But only one you'll call Mother, the honor is all mine
To show you what a woman's like
I'm so glad you're mine

(chorus)

Tenderness of God is twirling around
In our living room tonight
Lighten up your daddy's eyes
And know that he just wants to freeze you in time

(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment