"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Father's Day 2014

Words cannot adequately describe this man.  Those of you that know my husband, you know this.  Words cannot describe his character and love for his family.  You just have to see it in action.
 
I am blessed beyond measure not only to be his wife and walk through life with him at my side, but I get the privilege of watching him father my children.  God has given us such a gift in this man.  He is such a model of love, patience, gentleness, joy, and understanding.  God has truly gifted him in being a dad.  He is so wonderful with children and I know it all stems from his love for his Father and Savior.  He is such an encouragement to me and sharpens me and my faith.  I'm so grateful for him and I know his children are, too! 
 
Here is a perfect picture of his selflessness and constant love for his family---
 
On Sunday, Brent usually lets me sleep in until Colt wakes up or I wake up on my own.  He gets up with the twins, as they are usually the first up.  He gets them in the bath and then Raelynn joins once she is up.
On Father's Day, I got up and got their bath started and got breakfast in the oven (made his favorite--cheese danish!) and wanted to let him sleep in....but what does he do? He comes in and wants to give them a bath!  He loves his children and takes very serious the role God has given him as a father.
 
 
The kids brought up gifts and his breakfast (it was supposed to be breakfast in bed--but he didn't stay in bed!) and of course they all wanted a bite.  So what does he do?  Rotates giving them all bites--he didn't get any for himself!

We tried a cute idea I saw on pinterest years ago and now we have the right number of kids for it...but it didn't work out so well! It was "We (heart) Daddy" written on their feet and then I had them dressed in ASU clothes and sat on the couch....but it is hard for them to point their feet up and all sit up and look at the same time. ha! So we framed a photo of all of them looking and smiling so he could take it to work.
 
The kids each made a hand impression in a kit I bought for him.  They were intended for outside stepping stones (Raelynn made one for Father's Day in 2011) but after finishing them all I realized they say for indoor display only! oops!!
 
 
After church we went to Tank's house for lunch and to celebrate the rest of the day with family.  It was a lovely day!



 
Raelynn was saying "big hugs for father's day!"
 
A family shot!!

And Raelynn really wanted a picture with her daddy on the couch.  I managed to sneak this in:)

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post to honor Brent! Praise God for choosing him for you and your sweet kids!

    ReplyDelete