"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Friday, May 23, 2014

Made: Easy Butterfly Wreath


Spring has sprung! Here in Arizona it feels like summer to me already. Oh, but it is only 100 so that is still spring;)

Needed a fun bright wreath for spring!! Here is a fun one my friend and I made together.

We followed this tutorial, but of course tweeked it a bit to what we wanted.

I wanted a larger wreath, so I used the foam circle. The other is a straw circle--leave the plastic on! Each was $3 or less at Wally World.

Supplies:
Wreath
Paint Chips
Hot Glue
1/2 yard of fun fabric
Butterfly punch


We split our 1/2 yard of fabric into 5 sections and then just RIP!


Then cover your wreath foam with the fabric and hot glue the ends closed. 

Next you will start punching out the butterflies on the paint chips.
My friend Ally hard at work:) 
 
After you like your butterflies and have them placed, start gluing.  I had what I thought was a layout I liked, but then it was all switched around by the time I was done gluing.
 
And viola! Our finished products:

 
 
 
 
We were very pleased with the way they turned out! And it sure adds a nice POP to our front doors!
 
 
All in all, it was a short project and cost us less than $5!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment