"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward." Psalm 127:3
 
This year, the Lord has doubled my blessings! I have children who grew in my womb as well as another woman's womb.  The depth of the importance of that is never over looked, especially on mother's day.  I know they don't celebrate mother's day in Ethiopia, but it still causes me to think of and pray for the woman who gave birth to our sweet Elliana. The nine months she carried her and then gave her life. We will never know who this woman is, but we do know the importance she holds in our hearts to our family. I often wonder if she thinks of Elliana.  If she wonders what she is doing or what she looks like. My prayer can only be that God would save her soul and that she be comforted by the Hope of Christ and the peace that her child has been given a life of love.  

We had all the Frazey fam over for lunch after church.  Both of the "moms" being celebrated today love salads, so we had a salad bar!  I was happy I had enough of my pretty fiestaware to hold all the toppings to make a fun display for the toppings.
 
Mother's day sure is special when your children do things for you....but it is even MORE special when they are so young they need Daddy's help.  Not only do I get to be blessed by my children, but also by the effort and love my husband put into make the day special.
 
I was served breakfast and coffee upstairs after sleeping in a bit.  (Though that is nothing super out of the ordinary because on Sundays Brent usually always lets me sleep in a few minutes and gets the kids in the bath.  He is so good to me.)
 
Daddy had taken each child's picture holding the letters L O V E and put it in a frame:) and they made roses that will NEVER die!!!  :)
 
Brent knew I had wanted to make a growth chart for the kids for well, about three years now, haha.  I've never gotten around to doing-it-myself! So he and the kids made this for me! 
 
The best part is it has their hand and footprints on it and says "Never Grow Up" because I'm always telling the kids to "stay little" and not to grow up! Yep....it made me cry!


And we had to get a family photo as well:)

Another year. Two more babies. Humbled daily. A LOT of growth and discoveries in mothering. God is the giver of all good things.  I am so grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful prayer for Elliana's birth mom!
    You are a blessed mommy who is praised! Praise The Lord!

    ReplyDelete