"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Friday, March 13, 2015

My Mommy Minute: March 13

Hi Friend! I haven't forgotten about you.  I appreciate the few of you who have said you have missed these posts.  I have too! I am grateful that God uses these to encourage you.

No need for my extra words here.  There are some great reads below.  Be encouraged! Keep your focus above, because the evil one is there waiting for us to take our eyes off Him and take advantage of us as we get caught up in our circumstances.  In the mess, the noise, and the chaos, we must keep our eyes on the Perfector of our faith and on what He has done for us. Even in the ease, calm, and order we must be careful to give Him the praise and point our children as well as ourselves to Him.

"Calm has more to do with where my focus lies than what my circumstances look like."


Where There is No Grace by Carolyn Mahaney at GirlTalk
"There is no grace for our imagination. But there will be grace for our mothering future, the moment it arrives. There is not grace for our imagination. But there is grace for today’s mothering trials. Not tomorrow’s imaginary trouble or next year’s envisaged problems. Just for today.
That’s why Jesus tells us: “Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble” (Matt. 6:34)"

Leaning In by Rachel Jankovic at Femina
After reading this, I have found myself reminding myself to "lean in" during certain situations.  I found this read so encouraging!
"I do not want to be praying that God would make everything easy. I want to be praying that God will make me strong. I know that He has a plan. I know that He has the grace we need to finish the hard things in a way that honors Him."
 

A Letter to My Children by Natalie Falls at The Better Mom
This is one of those posts that I think she read my mind while she wrote it.  I can relate to this so much and I know I've shared before how much a blessing my children are to me not because of the fun things they say and ways they make me smile, but because of the way they drive me to my Savior in desperation. He is my strength and His power is made perfect in my weakness!
"I don’t want to be honored for the things I have done. I want to honor the one who hasn’t given up on me. When I slammed my fists and cursed his name, he held me close. When I yelled at you and my face turned red with sin, he forgave me. I want to honor God for the work he has done in my life. My beautiful children, you are a blessing because you bring me joy and you point me to the one who will never give up on me."

Mothering In the Internet Age by Betsy Childs at Gospel Coalition
 

No comments:

Post a Comment