As much as I love my crock pot, I love one dish dinners. This is an EASY and yummy dinner! Everyone else has probably been making this for years, but I just tried it for the first time. I'm a fan because of the ease and it was tasty too. We don't intentionally eat gluten free here, but it's great to have a good recipe to make for others that do.
Seasonings (onion soup mix is what I used this time. Next time I will try something different)
1/2 cup butter (I did not use this much!)
chicken breasts (I used two full breasts)
1 bag frozen vegetables
potatoes (I used red potatoes)
1. Quarter potatoes
2. Cube chicken
3. Dump frozen vegetables in pan
4. Separate the vegetables, meat, and potatoes into three sections (they can touch though. Honestly they could probably be mixed up in the pan, but I liked this arrangement)
5. Slice butter overtop entire dish
6. Sprinkle seasoning over entire dish
7. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 1-1.5 hours
*at the 1 hour some of the potatoes were slightly hard and a couple pieces of chicken weren't fully cooked. I had the dish in the oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. I think part of the problem was the pan I used. The butter was caught in the rivets in the bottom which slowed the cooking on the top pieces a little.
*I wasn't a big fan of the onion soup mix. I think next time I will just use some seasonings from the cupboard.