You know how I love my crock pot. I tried a new recipe this week and we all enjoyed it. I found this twist on enchiladas to be made in a slow cooker. It was easy and tasty. Not so much pretty. It tasted much better than it looked:)
1 pound meat (I used pre seasoned pork and actually only used 1/2 a pound)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn (or frozen corn would be fine)
1 cup salsa
1 can green chiles
10 oz enchilada sauce
9 inch flour tortillas (4-5)
2 cups cheese
1. brown meat (with taco seasoning if needed)
2. add in corn, salsa, beans, chiles, and half the enchilada sauce
3. spray crock pot--spray it up high enough! I didn't!!
**also, I used my circle crock pot. If you only have a large oval one, I think you could just put two tortillas down side by side and follow same steps.
4. Place tortilla in bottom of crock pot. Mine folded up a little bit, but that is just fine.
5. Pour 1/3 of meat mixture on tortilla and top with some cheese
6. Repeat the tortilla, meat, cheese process until meat mixture is gone.
7. Pour remaining enchilada sauce on top and top with cheese.
8. Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours or high 2-3 hours.
I cooked on high for almost 3 hours. This is served much different than traditional enchiladas, but it tastes just as good. I just scooped out with a spoon and we cut up and ate. I will make this again!