"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Recipe:Hawaiian Chicken (Freezer to Crockpot)

Tried a new recipe this week that I found at New Leaf Wellness for Hawaiian Chicken.  It is very healthy and very very easy.  It's great to have in the rotation for a variety and great for the budget because pineapple is often on sale for 99 cents.

Only thing about this was that the chicken was dry, but I think that was probably user error and either it was over cooked or was slightly freezer burned (only because I had used frozen chicken that was all alone in a bag in the freezer.  I was excited to make this and had pineapple so I didn't want to wait until I had fresh chicken).

But, with that said, I'm still recommending it.  Because we did like it a lot.  I just cut up the chicken real small and added a little more soy sauce on my plate and ate it along with the pineapple and it was fine. 

I have another pineapple on my counter right now and plan to make this as a freezer meal again with fresh chicken and see how it goes.  I'll try to remember to update! 

 

 


 


Ingredients:
1lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into pieces
1 fresh pineapple, but into pieces (or two cans, drained)
2 T brown sugar
2 T soy sauce



Directions:
1. cut chicken and pineapple
2. add all ingredients to a ziplock bag
3. label and freeze



To cook:
thaw overnight in fridge and cook in slow cooker low 3-6 hours

Serve over rice

 

No comments:

Post a Comment