"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Friday, January 24, 2014

12 Months of Sensory Dough: Foam Dough

I saw this link up on a blog that I follow.  I've never done a link up before, so I'm not even sure I'm going to do this right!
I've also never made homemade dough before, so that is why I was up for the challenge! I always see these recipes on pinterest but have never attempted them.  I thought one a month seemed like a great idea and I know the kids will love it. 

So each month there is a new dough recipe to try and then post about.  I will post the link where I got the recipe and then post about our outcome. 

January is: FOAM DOUGH
 
12monthssensorydough
 
I liked this dough to begin with because we already had the supplies at home.
 
 
Shaving Cream + Cornstarch = Foam Dough
 
 
I searched a few blogs for recipes but they were all pretty much the same.  So I just went with the recipe and instructions from the blog I follow: Delightful Learning
(This blog is one of the featured bloggers with the 12 months of dough and was how I found out about the 12 months of dough idea.)

Another recipe for rainbow foam dough was linked up as well, and said it is a one to one ratio for the shaving cream and cornstarch
 
 
This proved to be messy! But messy is always fun for toddlers!
I didn't have much cornstarch, so I was a little stingy at first. 

After putting cornstarch in the bowl, we headed outside. I added the shaving cream (equal to cornstarch) and food coloring

The kids had so much fun mixing and playing with the colors!

But it just wasn't getting 'doughy' at all.  So I added the rest of the cornstarch that we had and we tried to put it on the cookie sheet to form it more into a dough

It never did get to a consistency that they could really form anything. BUT, even though I thought it was a fail--they knew no different and had a BLAST! They were 'making it snow' and throwing it around in the grass.  It was great fun and an easy clean up.
 
Looking forward to next month's dough and I will be a little more prepared this time so we have enough of all the ingredients to fully experiment.
 
February is: Cloud Dough
So find a recipe and join in the fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment