"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine Week

This week we took a break from rowing a book with Before Five in a Row. I honestly just wanted a break but I also didn't have anything prepped, so it was a great week to do some fun things that were Valentine's day themed.
 
All week we had a sensory bin for the two bigs. They sure love these!
 
 
Toilet paper tube heart stamping:

Elliana did some dotting with a red dot marker instead:)
 Tissue Paper heart crafts:
I love how at this point Declan had had enough and went off to play.

What is valentine's day without some conversation hearts?
Declan sorted (well, really he just ate them), Elliana dropped them in a container with a hole, and Raelynn sorted by color
 
After Raelynn sorted, she counted. Then we started gluing! They each took turns gluing some hearts on.


The finished product!
 I had printables from last year that I dug out (yay--first time being able to reuse our printables!) and put together Raelynn's tot school notebook for the week.  All the printables were from 3 dinosaurs and this link will take you directly to the valentine's day pack.
 I love her printable packs for the holidays and seasons! They often go along with the book series "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a ____" and for Valentine's day it was a rose.

I think for St. Patrick's day I will print off this pack and order There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover.


starting to practice pre-writing by tracing shapes! Her biggest challenge is slowing down enough to stay on the line.
Four little sweethearts.
Eat your heart out.  What a charmer already!!!

Popsicle Painting:
I had seen this on pinterest long ago and thought of this this week.  I didn't bother to look it up again because I figured I remembered it correctly.....
 Silly Mama forgot that acrylic paint isn't really safe for the mouth and we probably shouldn't leave it on their skin (or clothes or table!) for too long....well since we don't live in the polar vortex tundra of the Midwest live in sunny Arizona, and it was 85 degrees this week, they melted fast!  Mama didn't really think this one through because when something looks like a popsicle I can't blame them for trying to lick it! haha
Declan wasn't interested until it started melting. Then he loved it!

"Wow, I can paint my hands!" He loved making handprints
 What better way to end this than with a REAL popsicle?! :)
 
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment