"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Friday, October 3, 2014

Recipe: Marinara Chicken and Vegetables

I've had this recipe for a while but am just now making it.  It is a freezer to crockpot meal (the BEST kind of recipe!)


I didn't make it from the freezer, but next time I buy chicken I do plan to make a couple of these ahead of time and freeze.  It was SO tasty! And not what we expected.  Even though it calls for spaghetti sauce, it didn't taste like spaghetti.

This recipe got 12 thumbs up! (yes, twelve now....Colt enjoyed it, too!)

Recipe is for Marinara Chicken and Vegetables


Ingredients:
-3-4 boneless chicken breasts (I used two large)
-4 cloves garlic
-1 can diced tomatoes and chilies (I used 1 can diced tomatoes + a few ounces of verde salsa)
-4 ribs celery, chopped
-2 cups (2 small) zucchini, chopped (our meals got switched around last week and I used the zucchini on another dish! So I didn't have this, but it was just as good! I will add it next time)
-1 green pepper, chopped
-2.5 cups spaghetti sauce (I just used one jar)
-1 t basil
-bow tie noodles (I used one whole box + a little extra from another box)
-(I also added salt and pepper)
 

Directions:
1. Chop Vegetables.
2. Place all ingredients into slow cooker and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4 hours.
3. Cook noodles about 10 minutes before dinner.
4. Remove chicken and shred then put back in crock pot.
5. Mix cooked noodles into crock pot
6. Top with cheese and serve
**We paired ours with my new favorite recipe--easy garlic knots--and the kids love rolling them out and twisting them!
 
TO FREEZE:
 Chop all vegetables and add all ingredients EXCEPT noodles to a zip lock bag.  Label and freeze.  Thaw enough to get into the slow cooker and cook as directed.

As you can see, it was a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment