"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Friday, March 21, 2014

My Mommy Minute

I'm starting something new here. 

I love blogs.  I love reading other people's thoughts that are so well written.  Usually, they say exactly what I'm thinking but in ways that I could never put words together.  I am not a writer.  Never have been. Never will be.  But I really enjoy reading other people's thoughts--especially when I can relate so well to them as if I had wrote them myself!

I have a lot of things I want to say on this blog.  But then I waver back and forth between wanting to share my thoughts and experiences and my poor writing skills, barring my soul and putting my sin and struggles out there for all to read. And oh, there is that time factor too.  If you actually want to edit your thoughts on a blog it just takes too much time!

So that brings me to My Mommy Minute (unless you have a better name for it...this was what I came up with because I like alliteration and I don't want to keep putting off posting this so I'm just sticking with it....but I'm open to suggestions:) Instead of me sharing what I say, I'll just share what other people have to say.

If you are like me, you are a busy stay at home mom and the extent of daily conversations are teaching a child to say "mama", telling someone not to hit their sister, explaining that we don't eat dog food, describing the love of Christ, answering the many "why" questions of a three year old's mind, and singing along to nursery rhymes on Pandora.

I love my kids.  I love my little three year old chatter box.  But I also love some outside interaction. My husband teases me because my texting numbers are WAY higher than his each month.  (For many reasons including I am a woman and he is a man...but also because I'm at home and he is not.)

I try to manage my home well and work unto the Lord.  There are a lot of things that can steal my time--internet being one of them.  But as careful as I must be to guard against the internet, there are also some great things that can come from it! As I said, I love blogs!
I didn't even know what a blog was until about two years ago. There are many good blog posts filled with God glorifying and encouraging content.

I know your time is precious.  My time is, too.  But as I said--I need some interaction and encouragement though the day (even if it is with a stranger across a computer screen who has no idea who I am but her words are either convicting, uplifting, or just providentially what I needed to hear). I need to learn more about being a wife, mother, and friend.  I need to know I'm not the only one here who struggles. I come across blogs that I learn so much from or can relate so closely to. 

My Mommy Minute is going to share those blog posts with you.  I want to do this so I can file them away on here for me to look at in the future and also to share encouragement with you.  I have had a couple people in the past week tell me they appreciate the things I share on facebook and that they are encouraged by what they read.  So I pray that you would find some sort of encouragement here.  Maybe a laugh or a good cry, too.

So sit back, grab a homemade energy bite and a cup of coffee and enjoy a Mommy Minute.




 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are doing this!! Such a good idea!
    Love the name of it too!

    ReplyDelete