"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Thursday, September 25, 2014

My Mommy Minute: September 24


Hi Friends, 
The quote below encouraged me this week. I am too prone to forget that mothering is done for His glory. I am a mother only because God allowed it. It is a gift. Too often I am making it about my needs and wants or about my children's needs and wants. Doing things for anyone else's glory and happiness will leave us with emptiness and longing for more. That's because it is sin and because there IS more. Finding joy in Him and Him alone and doing it all for His glory. And it's a beautiful thing when that happens because the needs of my children are fulfilled and hearts are happy. Sometimes it is frustrating that I am so prone to wander.  Yet, it is also a constant reminder that I have not arrived at the prize and must continue to be disciplined and grow. And oh, how it makes me long for heaven!

"If my chief end as a mother is anything less than knowing Him and carrying His glory in my life, I will walk through these years empty." -Sara Hagerty

"Every experience in life is designed to magnify the cross of Christ." -John Piper

"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men" Colossians 3:23


Glorifying God in the Routines by Gloria Furman at Ligonier

The #ILoveYou Challenge for Moms by Emily Wierenga at The Better Mom

What the Books Don't Say by Katie Blackburn at Coffee + Crumbs
 
Grace and the Adventure of Motherhood by Nicole Whitacre at GirlTalk

So Much To Do, So Little Time for Jesus by Linda Green at True Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment