"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Friday, September 12, 2014

Recipe: One Pot Cheesy Sausage Pasta

Smoked sausage was on sale last week and I had a buy one get one free coupon (YIPPIE!) so that was on the menu for this week.
 Lately, though, I have been tired of making the same rotations over again so I set out to pinterest for a new sausage recipe.  Usually I always make 'red beans and rice' with my sausage which is a recipe I got from e-mealz when I was a member a few years ago.  We really like that one too, so I'll have to post that recipe!

One pot meals are pretty much my favorite! This one called for pretty much everything I had on hand, so it was the one I chose.  It was a winner!!!  10 thumbs up here...we finished the pot.  In fact, I commented to Brent after dinner "What are we going to do when Colt starts eating more?" His reply was that the days of leftovers are pretty much over for us.  :)



I found the original recipe on Yellow Bliss Road, but I of course tweaked it a bit.


Ingredients:
1 T olive oil
1 package smoked sausage
1 cup diced onion
1 T minced garlic
1 cup chicken broth
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomato
1/2 cup heavy cream or milk
1 can of corn, undrained
12 oz dry pasta
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1 cup shredded cheese
 
**If you go to the original recipe, you will notice there are differences! I had chicken broth saved from when I made chicken in the crock pot the day before, but it was only 1 cup.  Original recipe calls for 2 cups.  To make up for the extra liquid needed (so noodles cook) I added the liquid from the can of corn and a 14.5 oz can of tomatoes.  Original recipe doesn't call for corn and only a 10 oz can of tomatoes.  I also added more noodles in mine. But what I did worked perfect and I plan to do the same thing again next time!
 

Directions:
 
1. heat olive oil in pan. 
 
2. add sausage and onions and cook until lightly browned. 
 
3. add garlic and cook 30 seconds.  drain grease as needed.


4. add chicken broth, tomatoes, milk, pasta, and seasonings.

5. boil then cover and simmer 15 min or until pasta is tender
 
6. turn off heat and stir in  1/2 of the cheese. 
 
7. sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cover for about 5 min to melt.
 
8. serve and enjoy!! :)  It's a little runny, but the cheese makes it thicker.  We thought it was fantastic and it will be going in the rotation!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment