"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Recipe: Chicken and Spinach Pasta Bake

I'm on a new recipe kick.  So if they are cheap, easy, and kid-tested, taste-bud approved, I will send them your way.
 
I bought a bunch of spinach to make Chicken Parmesan Roll-Ups (recipe to come! It's one of my favorites!) and I still had a lot of spinach left over.
 
I saved the left over spinach and used half on our pizza (with alfredo sauce, chicken, and bacon--yum!) and the other half I used to make a new recipe. 
 
Searched on pinterest for a spinach recipe and this one looked good to me.  It was easy and a nice one dish casserole.  It was a winner for us!
 
 

Ingredients:
-8 oz uncooked rigatoni (I used bowtie)
-1 T olive oil
-1 c chopped onion
-1 (10 oz) pack frozen spinach, thawed (I used fresh and just chopped with kitchen scissors)
-3 c cubed, cooked chicken breasts
-1 (14 oz) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained (I used plain style and just added in a bunch of Italian seasonings)
-1 (8 oz) container chive & onion cream cheese (I used plain.  I'm sure it would have tasted even better and much more flavorful with the chive and onion, but I was just trying to save $)
-½ t salt, ½ t pepper
-1½ c shredded mozzarella cheese
 
 
Directions:
1. Sautee onion with oil in frying pan. 
2. Boil noodles
3. Mix everything together, but save the mozzarella for the top.

4. Spread evenly in a 9x13 and sprinkle mozzarella on top.
 
5. Bake COVERED at 375 for 30 minutes
6. Bake UNCOVERED at 375 for 15 minutes
 
I followed the directions exact other than the onions--original recipe tells you to bake in oven.  I sautéed mine because I didn't want the oven on to heat the house.  It was yummy and a great way to use spinach up!

Next time cream cheese is on sale I will try to grab some chive and onion to see if that makes a difference in the flavor.

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! will have to try it! New recipe kicks are SO fun!

    ReplyDelete