"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Freezer to Crockpot: Ravioli....great for Sunday!

Yummy! This one is good--and what makes it better is how easy it is.  I had a freezer to crockpot prep night a couple weeks ago but haven't gotten around to posting the recipes. 

This one is so easy. I was skeptical because I put it in the crock pot frozen and wasn't sure it would truly be ready in time when we got home from church.

But it was! So threw in some garlic bread, made a salad and lunch is served! Easy. And that is what we love.

Ravioli:



Ingredients:
1 large jar (50 oz) pasta sauce
1 can diced tomatoe
1 can condensed chedder soup
2 tsp garlic
1 bag frozen ravioli (25oz)
1 cup parm
1 cup mozz



Directions:
Add all ingredients to bag.  Freeze---DO NOT FREEZE FLAT!  It won't fit in the crock pot! Literally, Brent had to get a hammer and screw driver to crack it in half so it would fit this morning.
On cooking day, put in crock pot from frozen state and cook low 4-6 hours (ours was on low for 4.5 hours and was perfect)

What I did and will do next time:
There are a lot of recipes out there for this.  I just chose this one and followed it exact.  Figured then I would tweek it.  I didn't use 50 oz of sauce.  I used the cheap Hunt's brand $1 can of sauce from Walmart as well as about 1/2 a jar of sauce I had left that needed to either be used or frozen. I didn't use a full cup of either parm or mozz cheese, just estimated with a nice big handful.  I bought beef ravioli and it tasted great.  I think next time to lower the cost of the meal I will skip the cheddar condensed soup, because I think it would be fine without it.
With one 25 oz bag, it was just enough for our family--and we eat a lot! So that was great!

1 comment:

  1. We had this today for lunch! It was easy, delicious and PERFeCT for Sunday! It will be in rotation! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete