"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

BFIAR: The Carrot Seed, The Little Rabbit, and ABC Bunny

It wasn't my original intent, but I just didn't get activities planned, printed, or ready for the week I had these books planned.  They followed along nicely with Runaway Bunny and lots of bunny things were online because we did it around Easter, but it just didn't happen. 

Some weeks are like that, right?! So we just read these books each day and did a few activities.  I'm sure I could have been a little more creative, but there just wasn't a lot of time the past couple weeks.  So these all got jumbled into the course of a couple weeks and then we just moved on:)

Books:
The Carrot Seed by Ruth Krauss


The Little Rabbit by Judy Dunn
The Little Rabbit
The ABC Bunny by Wanda Gag



The ABC Bunny book has a song in it and I think I sang that more than I read the book! ha.

Some things we did with The Carrot Seed was writing with a carrot in a salt tray, painting with a carrot, and counted carrots.



Some ideas I think would've been fun are making carrot cake together and planting seeds of some kind.  
It did work out that we planted grass in the back yard while reading this book so we could relate that to it. 

And if course lots to do with bunnies and rabbits. I hope you have a better week(s) with these books than we did!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment