"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

My Mommy Minute: June 4

Hi friends!

These are worth your time. Very short reads that I hope will bless you as they did me.


A Ridiculous Affirmation by Gloria Furman
"What if God wants to fellowship with us right where we are—even in the commotion of ordinary life?"  I've been wanting to write a post on my thoughts of this exact topic, but Gloria says it much better than I could!


The following are all part of a series on teaching toddlers (especially girls) how to control their emotions. Having a very emotional toddler myself, I was encouraged by this.  Especially the change she has seen in her daughter over the years.  She shares some practical things she did. 
How Do We Deal With Our Daughter's Emotions? by Carolyn Mahaney at GirlTalk
Godly Feelings Flourish Behind Walls of Self-Control by Janelle Bradshaw at GirlTalk
When Momma Feels Hopeless by Janelle Bradshaw at GirlTalk
Teaching Toddlers Emotional Self-Control by Nicole Whitacre at GirlTalk


Buried Alive by Wendy Faulk at Re:flect-I
"Suffocating" is a word I would use to describe how I sometimes feel.  It's easy to get overwhelmed by our sin when we forget to keep focused on the cross and Christ's righteousness and not on our own.  We have hope in a Savior and are free and forgiven! 



No comments:

Post a Comment