"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Recipe: Eggless Banana Bread

When life gives you over ripe bananas, make banana bread, right?!

We had some bananas that were going bad and I was out of eggs.  I did a search online for "eggless banana bread" and found this recipe.  Many of the ones I found called for applesauce or other ingredients I didn't have.  I wanted easy and eggless. 

I gave it a try.  Loved it.  Best banana bread ever.

My wonderful husband stops at the fruit market for me each week on the way home from work.  Last week he brought home a 40--yes, four-zero--pound box of bananas! They weren't all going bad, so that was about all the kids ate for snacks for a few days.  Then I decided to make some more of this delicious bread...even though I did have eggs on hand.

I have made 8 mini loaves, 6 muffins, and 4 large loaves of this bread.  It is so good and comes out great each time (though some of them I have frozen so I can't vouch for those).
I even have the recipe memorized and it is now my new banana bread recipe:)

So of course I can't keep it to myself!  Here it is:

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/8 t salt
3 ripe bananas (about 2 cups)
1/2 cup oil
1 1/2 T lemon juice
1 t vanilla


 
 
 

Directions:
Mix dry (first five) ingredients in one bowl.  Mix wet in another.  Fold in dry to the wet with a spatula.  (I added chocolate chips in mine too!)
Bake 375 for 45-50 minutes.  Cool in pan 10 minutes, then move to cooling rack.

1 comment:

  1. 40 lbs! Wow! :) I will have to try this one. Been unhappy with the recipe I have used the last couple times. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete