"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Mommy's Getaway

Brent surprised me with a weekend getaway trip to Fargo, North Dakota! He told me about it a few months ago, so I've been looking forward to it for a while.  Have I mentioned how thoughtful and sacrificial my husband is?!?! 
On May 16, the three bigs stayed home with daddy all weekend so mama and Colt could go visit a dear friend in North Dakota. 
My friend, Ally, was an instant best friend when we met almost seven years ago after I moved to Arizona. God brought her into my life to play a huge role in my life as a new Christian.  She was the friend God knew I needed and I am so thankful for her. We have had lots of fun memories packed in a few short years--they were our 'single' days and we were always doing fun things on a whim!  Then we both got married and had children--but when she got married she moved to Fargo, so we don't see much of each other now.
 
 
Colt's first plane ride!
 
Together again! It was wonderful to meet Ally's daughter Sorraya for the first time and see Ryken again too!


Colt and Sorraya are just over a month apart!

 
Fargo was off to a great start with leaving an impression on me--the person ahead of us at Starbucks paid for our drinks!!! Sure made our day!



I didn't take a lot of pictures over the weekend, so a few are just the photos I took to send to daddy while we were away...
Colt in his bed--he slept great!
Mommy and Colt selfie!

Colt wanted to be really loud during the prayer service on Sunday, so we hung out in the nursery together


This is a picture daddy sent to me while I was away:) Elliana sure looks cute!


Sorraya and Colt
We went to a park so Ryken could play! It was a bit chilly (haha--but notice Ally is in short sleeves?!) This hat and sweatshirt were some of my favorites from Declan and it isn't the right season for Colt to wear them in Arizona!
 
 
 
All three kids together:
Colt, Ryken, and Sorraya
 

Colt enjoyed the discovery center a lot over the weekend. 

We crafted like old times and made a fun summer wreath!


We just did a lot of talking, recipe swapping, tip trading, and encouraging one another in the Lord.  I sure do miss this gal.  Such a fun weekend just sitting around together enjoying each other's company.

 

1 comment: