"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Friday, June 27, 2014

Recipe: Sloppy Joe

I love sloppy joes! I grew up on my mom's recipe that I have always loved--ketchup, mustard and brown sugar.
 
Sorry mom, but I think I have switched:)  While in Fargo, my friend Ally shared with me her sloppy joe recipe.  They are a little more hearty than the others and oooh so tasty!
 
I made these last night on the stove while prepping our dinner.  Now tonight we can just reheat and enjoy!  They do freeze well too!!
 
Here is the recipe--give it a try!  They do take longer than expected to make because of the simmering to get rid of the liquid. 
 
Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1 can chicken gumbo soup
1/4 cup water (pour into can and swirl around first)
3/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
1 heaping Tablespoon mustard
minced onion and green pepper
 
Directions:
1.brown the beef (I always do this as soon as I get home from the store and then store the plain meat in zip locks in the freezer and pull out when I'm ready to prep a meal like this)
 
2. Add green pepper and onion

3. Add all other ingredients

4. Bring to boil then simmer until liquid is gone.  This shows you how much liquid there is at first--so it takes a bit to thicken it up.
 
Get out the napkins, serve and enjoy!! :)
 
Thanks, Ally for the delicious recipe!! It's become one of our favorites.


1 comment:

  1. Chop your veggies smaller and it will cook faster! :)
    Thanks for coming to ND so we could serve it to you!

    ReplyDelete