"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Making Magnets


I have been meaning to make more of these for SO long. Finally I did it! And I figured I'd snap a couple pictures for you to see how easy it is.  Consider it my first tutorial:)
 
I'm sure there is a name out there for these, but I call them puff ball magnets.  I have also seen ideas online of taking rocks or other little objects to make magnets, so that prompted me to grab a handful of the glass bead things and make some out of those too.
 
Materials:
hot glue gun
puff balls
other objects to make magnets with
magnet strips
 
 
I bought a bag of the magnet strips a while ago either at Hobby Lobby or the Dollar Store.  I cut them into tiny pieces, put a dab of hot glue on them, and place the puff ball on top.  easy peasy.  Takes no time at all. The most time consuming thing was peeling the little strip that covers the sticky side on the magnet off--which I probably didn't have to do, but I wasn't sure if the glue would hold better if it was directly on the magnet, so I peeled it off.
 
 
Ta-Da! A bunch of little magnets!  It's wonderful to have a cookie sheet--we use ours almost daily, even if it is just to bring supplies over the table with.
 
 
 
And what can you use these for? Here are a couple ideas:
We have these and use them each week-- www.homeschoolcreations.net
 
doadotpromo
photo taken from Confessions of a Homeschooler (click link to go to page and download)

 
 
We also use the printables from www.homeschoolcreations.net for play dough and do-a-dot markers.  I leave them in the page protectors and make little balls for Raelynn to place on the circles.  We have also used the letter pages for circle stickers to be put on.
 
Another idea I saw on pinterest one time--actually this was the idea that I saw first and made me want to make the magnets, but Raelynn was way too young to make pictures.  She still is!
source: www.engagingtoddleractivities.wordpress.com  (or it is on my pinterest board called Busy Bag and Quiet Time Activies)
Pompom with magnets glued on
And one more resource:
Sew Fantastic has a few links and pictures of her little one doing some activities.  She also linked up to www.engagingtoddleractivies.wordpress.com
Rainy Day Busy Activities (free printables)
 
And another cookie sheet activity--
I tried to print this once but our printer was out of ink! I need to retry asap!
 
Here is the link to take you directly to the page for printing these
 

1 comment:

  1. I made those puff ball magnets for Lukas a few years ago. I'm sure I either got rid of them or they are put away. If I find some, I will pass them on. I had a bunch of printables too... Before Pinterest even!

    ReplyDelete