"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Tot School

I mentioned before that I was going to start uploading tot school info.  This is for my personal use of looking back when the younger kids get to this age, but I also figure someone can benefit in some way from it.  I know I LOVE seeing tutorials and ideas from other people online, so I figure if one mama can get an idea, then that's great! 

I didn't taking pictures start until letter C.  I will do each letter in a separate post and include Raelynn's age.  I'm going to take most of the pictures from my ipad, so the quality won't be the best, but that way I can upload quickly.

They won't be very detailed, as I'm just doing this mainly for pictures so I can remember ideas for the future.  It's all pretty self explanatory and if you want more details, just comment or email me.

I typically get all my printables from a blog at 1plus1plus1equals1.com and it has been SUCH a blessing!! Carissa over there does so much work for us mamas that want to do learning at home with our kids. 
With the printables, I put them in a 3 ring binder with page protectors.  Raelynn gets a dry erase marker and sometimes we do the pages together, or other times it will be independent.  They are the same pages every week, just with a new letter.

In addition to the printables and 'tot time notebook' that we do, I just search on pinterest for ideas for crafts and once in a while I will even come up with an idea on my own!! :)  We also like do-a-dot activities, play dough, and sensory bins.

We started with the alphabet in May 2013.  We do one letter a week and whether Raelynn masters it or not, we move on.  I'm not doing this with her for mastery, just for exposure to letters and to concepts.  It allows us time to sit down together one on one and do crafts with a purpose.  I'm the type that needs some structure or I just don't know what to do-so going through the alphabet gave me that! She LOVES school and asks to do it.  It's a lot of fun!! We incorporate colors, shapes, numbers, and vocabulary into our time.  It's a special time for her and I.

We were always doing school during Declan's nap time and we are trying to continue that when both babies take a morning nap.  Some days it doesn't work and as Declan gets older now, I'll try to incorporate some ideas in for him, too.  (Enter the challenge of homeschooling more than one age level! yikes! But we'll cross that bridge when we get there!!! Lord, don't let me get anxious!)

I'll edit this post later with some of my other favorite websites for printables and ideas, but here it is for now:
www.1plus1plus1equals1.com
www.totallytots.blogspot.com
www.3dinosaurs.com
www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com
www.royalbaloo.com

I typically try to do school each day, only for as long as Raelynn is interested or we have done about 30 minutes and I need to get other things done. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment